Addis Ababa University Accommodation and Hostels
Addis Ababa University Accommodation and Hostels – Check Below:
Eligibility for residential and catering services will be according to the priorities set by other Higher Education Policies or University rules.
- Disabled students and students with approved medical certificates are priority No-1
- Female students from outside of Addis Ababa – No-2
- Male students from outside of Addis Ababa -No-3
- Female students from suburbs of Addis Ababa are priority No-4 (within the available space)
- Male students from suburbs of Addis Ababa are priority No-5 (within the available space)
- Needy female students from Addis Ababa are priority No-6(within the available space)
- Needy male students from Addis Ababa are priority No-7(within the available space)
- Any students from Addis Ababa are priority No-8(within the available space and according to the physical distance of the student’s permanent residence)
Allocation and use of dormitories and cafeteria
- For newly assigned students, dormitories and cafeterias are allocated prior to the arrival of students/based on the data obtained from MoE/.
- For active students -To arrange prior allocation, of dormitory and catering services active students should choose and fill the type of services they want to receive for the next academic year at the end of every second semester before leaving for summer vacation.
- Room assignment will be renewed and guaranteed every semester.
- Every student shall have a meal card which is renewed every semester.
- There will be an attempt to mix students as far as possible to give them the opportunity of experiencing different cultures and approaches to life.
- Where there is a substantial age difference (increases incrementally with age) students will not be placed in the same accommodation.
Catering Service Management
The University will prepare uniform daily menu in all campuses
- Meals shall be served at time shown on notice boards
- Student representatives shall have the right to ensure and control the quality and proper utilization of student meals
- Student meals shall be assessed to ensure quality assurance
- Menu should be revised every academic year
- Every student should dress in a neat and decent manner when entering to the dining hall
- No student is allowed to bring cooked meal to the dormitories except for medical reasons
- In an academic year, there shall be two religious holiday occasions on special meals will be served (
- During public holidays, all dining halls shall be decorated by office the Director of Student Services, or catering office, or Student Union
Addis Ababa University Accommodation and Hostels Residence management
- Residential proctors shall be selected from the students by the office of the Director of Student Services
- Building manager shall be assigned from the Director of Student Services Office
- Residential buildings shall provide a 24-hourservice
- Every residential building shall have one building master and three proctors
- As much as possible, all important formats and addresses will be available in each dormitory
- Adequate common space will be provided to encourage social interaction. These spaces should be appropriately equipped with sufficient furnishings, television, and furniture like chairs, benches etc…
- A minimum of two formal surveys will be conducted every semester to assess student satisfaction with the residential environment
- Smoking and drug abuse are strictly forbidden in and around dormitories
- Room changes are made only under exceptional circumstances and approved by the residence administrator(s)
- Residents are encouraged to contact the residence administration staff section for support and advice at any stage in appealing a disciplinary decision, fine, sanction, service delivery, or contractual concern
- The Director of Student Services shall arrange a 24-hour communal television service to each residential building
- TV services with multichannel are provided at no additional cost to the students
- Every student in a given room will have her/his own key
- Lost or stolen keys should be immediately reported to respective proctors of the building or the campus police
Lost & Found
- The University does not take responsibility for personal items that are abandoned, lost, misplaced, or stolen from within the housing communities.
- Students are advised to inform proctors or campus police when they lose or find any property.
- Authorized University personnel may enter a dormitory at any time
- Property can be seized and removed from a resident’s room if it constitutes an imminent danger or disruption to other residents or others, when the property is University-owned, when state law or University policy is being violated, or when the property is unauthorized
- There will be periodic checks into the conduct of occupancy of the halls. The students may or may not be notified about the coming inspection depending on the nature of the inspection
The Director of Student Services, in consultation with the Ethiopian Postal Agency, shall make available postal services for students in every campus of the University through branch Post offices.
Sick serving dishes
Students who get sick and are unable to go to the cafeteria, a sick serving dish/ meals may be picked up by a roommate, after acquiring a sick form from the university’s health center.
Special diet for medical reasons may be served in consultation with the health center on the appropriateness of the service.
Meals requested for educational trips
- Only a single day meal will be prepared for daylong educational trips. If the trip lasts more than one day, the students have the right to receive the equivalence of their meal either in kind or in cash based on the calculation of daily meal allowances for each student
- No meal service shall be arranged for a group of students less than 10
- Every student should dress in a neat and decent manner in rooms where s/he lives.
- Dormitory residents are expected to meet personal and public standards of hygiene. Moreover, they should all contribute towards keeping all dormitory property in good condition.
Visits by outsiders
- Visits from people other than fellow students or without the recognition of the Director of Students Service are not allowed.
- No visit shall be permitted after 11:00 local time (5:00 pm) in special cases if visitors are to be permitted, it must be before 5:00pm.
- Till the University facilities (particularly dormitory spaces) are arranged or improved no male shall enter to female students’ dormitory and vice-verse
Drug and Alcohol (ab) use
- Under no circumstances shall the Director of Students Service allow any alcoholic beverage and any type of drug abuse, distribution in any of its campuses, around dormitories and dining areas or in rooms. It is the responsibility and interest of the University to engage in the prevention and control of drug abuse, as well as in helping student with drug abuse problems.
Smoking in and around room
- The University shall maintain a smoke-free environment except for officially posted and designated smoking areas.
- This policy applies equally to all university staff, students, all third party workers and visitors of student dormitories and dining halls.
- Smoking is prohibited inside residence rooms, corridors, toilets, bathrooms, TV rooms, wash places and around dormitory and dining halls
Illegal occupation of rooms
Illegal occupation of a room whether or not the room is occupied is strictly forbidden.
Reporting of violation, damage or loss of property
Every on-campus student should report violation of contract terms by fellow students, and damage or loss of property incurred in the rooms or dormitory buildings
- Residential proctors shall organize different in-house activities and events in accordance with other residential and University laws
- Building managers shall organize inter-building activities and events
- Addis Ababa University AAU Student Portal Login
Addis Ababa University AAU Colleges and Institute
- Addis Ababa University Registration Date
- Addis Ababa University Graduation Requirements
- Addis Ababa University AAU Fees Structure
- Addis Ababa University Grading System
- Addis Ababa University Academic Calendar
- Addis Ababa University Examination
- Addis Ababa University Courses Offered.
- Addis Ababa University AAU Contact Address
- Addis Ababa University Undergraduate Admissions
- Addis Ababa University AAU Admission Requirements
- Addis Ababa University Graduate Admissions
- Addis Ababa University Readmissions
- Addis Ababa University AAU International Students Admissions
- Addis Ababa University Undergraduate Application Form
- Addis Ababa University Postgraduate Application Form
- Addis Ababa University AAU Application Form
- Addis Ababa University AAU Campuses
- Addis Ababa University AAU Intake
- Addis Ababa University AAU distance education
- Addis Ababa University AAU distance and continuing education
- Addis Ababa University AAU entrance exam
Addis Ababa University AAU extension program registration
- Addis Ababa University AAU Gpa Calculator
- Addis Ababa University AAU history
- Addis Ababa University AAU Job Vacancies
- Addis Ababa University AAU Masters Program Registration
- Addis Ababa University AAU new student registration
- Addis Ababa University AAU Online Registration
- Addis Ababa University AAU Online Application
- Addis Ababa University AAU Online Exam Results
- Addis Ababa University AAU ranking in africa
- Addis Ababa University AAU Admission List
- Addis Ababa University AAU World Ranking
- Addis Ababa University AAU scholarship
- Addis Ababa University Accommodation and Hostels