ASTU School of Electrical Engineering and Computing
ASTU School of Electrical Engineering and Computing – Check Below:
The current School of Electrical Engineering and Computing is established following, the renaming of the Adama Science and Technology University by the Council of Ministers in May 2011 and shifting of the university from Ministry of Education (MoE) to Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) to work towards the attainment to become the best Centre of Excellencies in Science and Technology in Ethiopia. Thereby, allowing for the realization of goal has set in the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP).
Currently, School of Electrical Engineering and Computing has three programs under it:
1. Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) Program
2. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) program
3. Electrical Power and Control Engineering (EPCE) program
Vision of SoEEC
• To produce a world-class competent electrical engineers and computing professionals who are equipped with necessary skills and knowledge to solve individuals and organizational problems of the country and bring about growth to the whole world.
• To excel in teaching, research, and industry linkage/consultancy at a national level as well as regionally in the field of Electrical Engineering and Computing.
Mission of SoEEC
• To its students, the SoEEC provides world-class curricula that facilitate student-centered and research-oriented learning in Electrical Engineering and Computing field that are relevant to their lives and careers, valuable in terms of content and competencies, and connected to the needs of industry.
• To industry, the SoEEC produces practitioner-oriented electrical engineers with the field of specialization in Electrical power, control, communication, Electronics, software, computer science and information system who can provide plausible scientific solutions to real world problems. The SoEEC actively partners with industries to provide students the opportunity to acquire practical skills from industry expertise.
Objectives of SoEEC
– To direct and assist students in the acquisition of fundamental principles of Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering & Electrical Power and Control Engineering.
– To stimulate and encourage students to have sound practical knowledge of the fields, through project work and evaluation.
– To Design different problem-solving principles and techniques in the area of Electrical engineering and computing.
– To Understand and apply high-level tools and emerging Technologies.
– To Apply various systems’ theory and principles to real world problems.
– To Develop communication skills to effectively interact with customers, supervisors and peers, both orally and in writing
– To Learn to work effectively in teams to achieve a common goal
– To Develop skills to monitor, supervise, manage projects and handle conflict
– To Understand ethical expectations of a computing professional
ASTU School of Electrical Engineering and Computing Courses
ASTU School of Electrical Engineering and Computing Contacts