University of Gondar Continuing and Distance Education
University of Gondar Continuing and Distance Education – Check Below:
Molla Tefera PhD
Director, Continuing and Distance Education Programs
Phone number : +251913141619
email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The office of Continuing and Distance Education Programs (CDEP) has the following main duties and responsibilities;
- is responsible for coordinating all extension, summer and distance programs at the University level;
- prepare academic calendar for all continuing education programs in consultation with the University Registrar and oversee their implementations;
- promote the Continuing Education Programs in all Colleges/Faculties/Schools for better student admission; and
- Develop strategic and annual plan for the office based on the relevant need assessment results
- prepare guideline for student admission in the programs
- take appropriate actions in consultation with the respective faculty dean on recommendations with regard to the programs, candidates or other academic matters;
- Ensure effective implementation of the policies and decisions lay down by the University for the proper administration of continuing education programs in ensuring equal quality of education between the regular and continuing education programs;
- Carry out additional activities assigned to by the Academic Vice President.
Currently, the office has more than 40 undergraduate programs that are given in the summer and extension programs coordinated by 9 coordinating offices at the college, faculty, institute and school levels.