Semera University SU Grading System
Semera University SU Grading System – Check Below:
- Academic achievement in any of the courses shall be graded on the letter grading system. Unless specified in a curriculum of a program, the following letter grades will be given based on the performance of the student.
SU Grading System
|No.||Letter Grade||Grade Point||Marks (100%)|
- The sum of grade points earned is divided by the number of credit hours taken to determine the grade point average (GPA).
- In cases where the student does not have full examination records, the student shall get an “NG” grade. “NG” will be changed to F by the registrar if a grade change is not submitted with in 15 days after late registration.
- All required noncredit works shall be recorded with grade of “P” for satisfactory and “F” for unsatisfactory, but neither of which shall be included in the computation of the GPA.
- Samara University does not encourage makeup examinations, unless a student fails to take any examination due to reasons beyond his/her control. In that case, he/she can apply to the office of the Registrar.
- Make-up examinations are permitted only to students with a minimum of 80% attendance in each particular subject.
- Make-up examinations shall not be given for the sole purpose of improving or raising the grade point averages.
- Distance and Continuing Education students allowed to sit for make-up examinations shall pay examination fees for each course.
- If it is discovered by the concerned body (registrar) that a student submits wrong evidence (something that contradicts the truth) to sit for make up examination, he/she will be given an “F” in the course(s) and shall be dismissed from the University for two consecutive semesters.
- The student collects three copies of the makeup exam request Form from the Faculty Record Officer;
- The student fills and submits the forms to the Faculty Record Officer along with a receipt of application fee and relevant supporting documents (For example, medical certificate).
- Student should present valid reasons for not taking final examinations. For Health reasons. Student should produce.
- A medical certificate from Dubti Hospital for being hospitalized or under medication requiring rest for over a week or so; or
- A medical certificate from Samara Health Center for being under medication during the Exam period and testifying that the student couldn’t be able to take exams under the circumstances:
- The student should be referred to by the Campus health center to the Hospital. A medical certificate issued for visiting the University Health center or a hospital during the exam date is not acceptable;
- For first semester courses make up final examinations are given only during the first three weeks of the second semester of the same academic year. For second semester courses, make up final examinations are given only during the first three weeks of the first semester of the subsequent academic year.
- A student must continue his/her class during which he/she sits for the make up examination. Depending upon the results of the examinations, the student can be dismissed or passed as soon as the status of the student is known.
- Repeating a course or courses due to academic deficiency is not the right of a student but a privilege granted by the Academic Commissions of respective Faculties.
- A student who scores an “F” grade may repeat a course or courses in consultation with his/her advisor, but he/she will not be allowed to repeat it more than once.
- If a student is allowed to take a replacement course by the Academic Commission, the grade obtained will be final. In this case. Previous “F” or “D” grades will not be computed.
- A student may apply to an Academic Commission of the respective Faculty. Through his/her Department to repeat a course in which he/she obtained a “D” grade However, no such course may be repeated more than once unless it is a required course for graduation. In such a case. The student may be given a second chance to repeat the course.
- If a student repeating a course scores “C” or lower for the repeated course, that grade will be his/her final grade. However, if he/she scores “B” or “A” for the repeated course, it will be computed as to C. The previous grade of “F” or “D” should be shown as cancelled or asterisks on the transcript to indicate that the course has been repeated, the new grade shall be included in the computation of the CGPA in the new reporting period.
- Students repeating courses in which they scored “F” and/or “D” grades must register for the course and carry out all academic activities pertaining to the course.
- the student collects and fills out a grade complaint form in 2 copies and appeals within 5 (five) days after the beginning of the class to the Office of the Registrar;
- The Department Head examines the student’s appeal in order to determine if the student has established a prima facie case of capricious, arbitrary or prejudiced academic evaluation
- The student or the instructor may appeal to the Department Head’s decision (with respect to findings and/or remedies) to the Dean of the Faculty in which the course is offered. The Dean will attempt to resolve the matter by informal means within a reasonable period. If no resolution can be reached, the Dean will notify the student, the instructor, and the Department Head and present case to the Academic Commission of the Faculty. The decision of the Academic Commission will be final.
- If it emerges that a complaint for review is frivolous or ill motivated
a) The Registrar shall give to the student
i) A written warning for the first time
ii) A last written warning to be posted for information to the University community, if such a case is repeated for a 2nd time.
b) The student shall be dismisses for a semester from the University if such a case has occurred for the third time.Semera University SU Grading System
- Valid reason exists to explain and excuse their low academic performance
- Those causes for their academic deficiencies can be removed;
- The students can attain the required academic standard during the same semester in which they have been put on probation.
The following rules also apply to all students
- A student cannot be put on warning for two consecutive semesters, unless otherwise put on probation or continued warning at the discretion of the Academic Commission.
- A student who is subject to dismissal cannot claim probation as a matter of right
- The above rules apply to regular degree, regular Advanced standing and readmitted and in-service degree students.
Semera University SU Grading System
|Year I, SemI||–||AD||AD||AW||Pass||Pass|
|Year I, SemII & Previous warned||1.75≤SGPA<2.00||AD||AD||AD||AW||AW|
|Year I, SemII & Previous Pass||1.75≤SGPA<2.00||AD||AD||AW||AW||AW|
|Year II & above Previous warned||1.75≤SGPA<2.00||AD||AD||AD||AD||AD|
|Year II & above Previous Pass||1.75≤SGPA<2.00||AD||AD||AD||AD||AD|
Subject to the availability of facilities and the necessary budgetary allocation, an Academic Commission may recommend that a student who is dismissed for academic reasons or withdrew for valid reasons be readmitted within a maximum of two years of grace period. The respective Academic Commissions may relax this period for those who discontinued due to forced measures.
- A first year student dismissed at the end of first semester with 1.25 ≤ SGPA<1.5 shall be readmitted
- A first year student dismissed at the end of second semester with CGPA ≥ 1.5 and 1.25 ≤ SGPA<1.5 shall be readmitted
- A second year Student with CGPA ≥ 1.75 and 1.25 ≤ SGPA<1.5 shall be readmitted
- A third year student with CGPA ≥ 1.85 shall be readmitted
- A fourth year student with CGPA ≥ 1.85 shall be readmitted
- Semera University SU Grading System
- Students collect readmission application forms from the office of the Registrar at specified times.
- The completed forms are then returned to the office of the Registrar.
- The office of the Registrar forwards the application forms to the appropriate Department.
- The Department Council decides on the application, the decisions made shall get an approval from the Academic Commission , and the final decision of the Academic Commission is communicated to the Office of the Registrar,
- The Registrar’s office shall notify the students of their being accepted or rejected.
- All readmitted students must produce a Kebele letter to say they were unemployed or a clearance letter from their employer if they were employed during the period of their absence from the University.
- Students who discontinued their studies on health grounds must produce medical certificates from an appropriate medical institution, which certifies that they have fully recovered from their illness.
1.Addis Ababa University Undergraduate Admissions
2.Addis Ababa University PostGraduate Admissions
3.Addis Ababa University Readmissions
4.Addis Ababa University AAU International Students Admissions
5.Addis Ababa University AAU Admission Requirements
6.Addis Ababa University AAU Admission List
7.Addis Ababa University Undergraduate Application Form
8.Addis Ababa University Postgraduate Application Form
9.Addis Ababa University AAU Application Form
10.Addis Ababa University AAU Intake
11.Addis Ababa University AAU Online Application
12.Addis Ababa University Courses Offered
13.Addis Ababa University AAU Masters Program Registration
14.Addis Ababa University AAU new student registration
15.Addis Ababa University AAU Online Registration
16.Addis Ababa University AAU Student Portal Login
17.Addis Ababa University AAU Colleges and Institute
18.Addis Ababa University Registration Date
19.Addis Ababa University Graduation Requirements
20.Addis Ababa University AAU Fees Structure
21.Addis Ababa University Grading System
22.Addis Ababa University Academic Calendar
23.Addis Ababa University Examination
24.Addis Ababa University Courses Offered
25.Addis Ababa University AAU Contact Address
26.Addis Ababa University AAU Campuses
27.Addis Ababa University AAU distance education
28.Addis Ababa University AAU distance and continuing education
29.Addis Ababa University AAU entrance exam
30.Addis Ababa University AAU extension program registration
31.Addis Ababa University AAU Gpa Calculator
32.Addis Ababa University AAU history
33.Addis Ababa University AAU Job Vacancies
34.Addis Ababa University AAU Masters Program Registration
35.Addis Ababa University AAU new student registration
36.Addis Ababa University AAU Online Registration
37.Addis Ababa University AAU Online Exam Results
38.Addis Ababa University AAU ranking in africa
39.Addis Ababa University AAU World Ranking
40.Addis Ababa University AAU scholarship
41.Addis Ababa University Accommodation and Hostels
42.Addis Ababa University Graduation Ceremony Date
43.Addis Ababa University Graduation List
1 Adigrat University Online Application Forms
2 Adigrat University Application Forms
3 Adigrat University Application Deadline
4 Adigrat University New Students Registration Date
5 Adigrat University Online Registration
6 Adigrat University Adu Intake .
7 Adigrat University Admission Requirements
6 Adigrat University AdU Admission List
7 Adigrat University AdU Admission Date
8 Adigrat University Announcement
10 Adigrat University AdU Schools and Colleges
11 Adigrat University Courses Offered
12 Adigrat University Undergraduate Courses Offered
13 Adigrat University Postgraduate Courses Offered
14 Adigrat University Student Portal
15 Adigrat University Sims Portal Login
16 Adigrat University Contact Address
17 Adigrat University Fees Structure
18 Adigrat University AdU Entrance Date
19 Adigrat University Digital Library System
20 Adigrat University Grade Viewer System
21 Adigrat University Graduation Date
22 Adigrat University Graduation List
23 Adigrat University Students Grade Viewing System
24 Adigrat University Grading System
25 Adigrat University New Job Vacancies
27 Adigrat University Student Results
28 Adigrat University Academic Calendar
1.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Application form
2.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Admission list
3.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Online Application
4.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Intake
5.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Application Deadline
6.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Admission Requirement
7.Adama Science and Technology University Courses Offered
8.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Registration Date
9.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Registration
10.Adama Science and Technology University Announcement.
11.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Contacts
12.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Schools
13.Adama University ASTU Continuing Education Institute
14.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU weekend program
15.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Graduation
16.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Extension Program
17.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Graduation List
18.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU announcement
19.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Cut off Mark
20.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Academic Calendar
21.Adama Science and Technology University Grading System
22.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU History
23.Adama University ASTU Fees Structure
24.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Job Vacancies
26.Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Student Portal Login
1.Addis Ababa University AAU Student Portal Login
2.Addis Ababa University AAU Colleges and Institute
3.Addis Ababa University Registration Date
4.Addis Ababa University Graduation Requirements
5.Addis Ababa University AAU Fees Structure
6.Addis Ababa University Grading System
7.Addis Ababa University Academic Calendar
8.Addis Ababa University Examination
9.Addis Ababa University Courses Offered
10.Addis Ababa University AAU Contact Address
11.Addis Ababa University Undergraduate Admissions
12.Addis Ababa University AAU Admission Requirements
13.Addis Ababa University Graduate Admissions
14.Addis Ababa University Readmissions
15.Addis Ababa University AAU International Students Admissions
16.Addis Ababa University Undergraduate Application Form
17.Addis Ababa University Postgraduate Application Form
18.Addis Ababa University AAU Application Form
19.Addis Ababa University AAU Campuses
20.Addis Ababa University AAU Intake
21.Addis Ababa University AAU distance education
22.Addis Ababa University AAU distance and continuing education
23.Addis Ababa University AAU entrance exam
24.Addis Ababa University AAU extension program registration
25.Addis Ababa University AAU Gpa Calculator
26.Addis Ababa University AAU history
27.Addis Ababa University AAU Job Vacancies
28.Addis Ababa University AAU Masters Program Registration
29.Addis Ababa University AAU new student registration
30.Addis Ababa University AAU Online Registration
30.Addis Ababa University AAU Online Application
31.Addis Ababa University AAU Online Exam Results
32.Addis Ababa University AAU ranking in africa
33.Addis Ababa University AAU Admission List
34.Addis Ababa University AAU World Ranking
35.Addis Ababa University AAU scholarship
36.Addis Ababa University Accommodation and Hostels