Mettu University Electrical and Computer Engineering Departement
Mettu University Electrical and Computer Engineering – Check Below:
Introduction and Background
In the modern-days, development of a country mainly depends on the development of the industries. The development of these sectors significantly depends on the standard of technical education nurtured by the universities and the technical institutes of the country. It is observed that most of the developed countries maintain a strong relationship between the universities and the industries. It is believed that universities are the gateway of new technologies. Universities develop new technologies and by co-operating with industries they implement these technologies to raise the standard and effectiveness of the industry. Universities take the responsibilities to provide technical human resources for the industries of any country.
The core Strategy of the Department is to pursue its vision and mission to enhance its research, linkage with industry, academic and scholarly activities and become a center of excellence for its programs, thereby improving its eminence in national and international rankings.
- To train high level technical manpower which can participate in the national development activities;
- To carry out research in the areas of electrical and computer engineering and relevant issues to address the needs of the Country;
- To render consultancy services to the community.Specific Objectives
- To train electrical and computer engineers.
- To prepare graduates with the capability of following the current and future developments in the field and related applications.
- To enable graduates work as a team in addressing technical problems
- To provide opportunity for workers in the field of electrical technology to upgrade their knowledge through a continuing education evening program.
- To provide graduates with sufficient knowledge and technical background to undertake postgraduate training in any one of the various focus areas of Electrical Engineering discipline.
- To engage students in research that offers optimal solutions to technical problems in the industry, energy sector, telecommunications, computer applications and other industrial sectors.
- To offer consultancy service to government, industry and society.
There are five main lab sections in the department. These are:
- Electrical machine and power engineering lab
- Electrical communication lab
- Electrical fundamental and electronics lab
- Electrical workshop lab
- Electrical computer lab