Haramaya University College Of Veterinary Medicine
Haramaya University College Of Veterinary Medicine – Check Below:
Haramaya University officially established the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in October 2003, within the premises of the main University campus with the aim of training skilled manpower in veterinary medical profession. Following the recent institutional restructuring, the University re-organized the faculty as a college- “College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM)”. The college has a national mandate to provide adequately trained man power to meet the country’s’ demands by conducting educational programs leading to the attainment of professional degrees in veterinary medical disciplines. In addition to its teaching programs, the college also provides diagnostic and consultancy services in animal health problems, conduct research in livestock diseases and production with the final goals of increasing the food resource of Ethiopia by enhancing livestock productivity.
To carry out its academic responsibilities of instruction, research, service and extension, the college is organized into four departments:
- Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Pathology and Parasitology
- Department of Veterinary Epidemiology, Microbiology and Public Health, and
- Department of Clinical Studies
In addition to its regular DVM program, the college is currently working vigorously to expand its training programs at different levels in various areas of veterinary medicine and related science to meet emerging societal needs. The newly proposed MSc program on Veterinary Microbiology is part of this endeavor to respond to the ever increasing societal demands. In addition, the college is also planning to launch regular in-service continuing professional development programs for veterinary and para-veterinary personnel (veterinarians, animal health assistants, and animal health technicians) working in various parts of the country. The refresher courses include abattoir operation and meat inspection, quarantine operation, veterinary diagnostic techniques, management of veterinary service delivery, epidemiological research methods, surgical operations in the field as well as short term training on animal health problems for farm personnel.
The strengths of CVM-HU are that:
- It attracts intelligent, well-educated and highly motivated students to the profession and provides a broad ranging education which exposes students to a wide range of topics.
- There is a strong comparative medicine base, so that students can extrapolate across species.
- The faculties are dedicated, highly qualified and work in one of the pioneer higher learning institutions of the country with strong academic bases.
- By virtue of its location, CVM-HU enjoys an exceptional advantage over other similar colleges due to the benefits it garners from the more than half century old rich experience of Haramaya University.
- To become center of excellence in veterinary education and research.
- To provide high quality training through acquisition, application and dissemination of scientific advances that help in diagnosis, treatment and prevention and control of disease and maintain health of animals and protection of the public health.
- To conduct applied research that can support the development of endeavors of the country and advance learning through the extension of veterinary knowledge and technology.
- To provide community service and enhance productivity of animals through animal health extension and to offer continuing education and training program linked with professional upgrading of field and academic staff for the benefit of the region and the nation at large.
Undergraduate Program: Degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
The College has been engaged in the training of Veterinarians with the degree of Doctor of Veterinary medicine (DVM) since its foundation. The College has reviewed its old curriculum and harmonized it with other similar veterinary Colleges in the country. The new curriculum has based veterinary education on the graduate profile that is capable of addressing the needs of the society (stakeholders) and relevance to the country’s economic direction. In this curriculum, students are expected to take minimum total credit hours of 212 and it takes 6 years duration for completion. Currently there are 318 (309 male 9 female) students enrolled in the regular DVM program.
The College has now finalized preparations and is ready to admit graduate students as of February 2012 to provide a two-year specialized training in the fields of “Veterinary Public Health” and “Veterinary Epidemiology” that leads to the attainment of the degree of the Master of Science (MSc). In addition, the college is currently working vigorously to further diversify its MSc level training programs in the various specialized fields of veterinary medicine and related science to meet emerging societal needs.
The Masters of Science (MSc.) degree programs in “Veterinary Public Health” and “Veterinary Epidemiology” are designed to develop new understanding and to provide a specialized training in the respective fields necessary for careers in teaching, research, and/or other science-based professions. The duration of these Master of Science degree programs is 2 years, and requires a minimum of 35 credit hours with the specific coursework and final thesis write-up. The College has also finalized preparations to start a third postgraduate training program in the field of Veterinary Microbiology
1 Adigrat University Online Application Forms 2020 – 2021
2 Adigrat University Application Forms 2020 – 2021
3 Adigrat University Application Deadline 2020 – 2021
4 Adigrat University New Students Registration Date 2020 – 2021
5 Adigrat University Online Registration 2020 – 2021
6 Adigrat University Adu Intake 2020 – 2021.
7 Adigrat University Admission Requirements 2020 – 2021
6 Adigrat University AdU Admission List 2020 – 2021
7 Adigrat University AdU Admission Date 2020 – 2021
8 Adigrat University Announcement
9 Adigrat University History
10 Adigrat University AdU Schools and Colleges
11 Adigrat University Courses Offered
12 Adigrat University Undergraduate Courses Offered
13 Adigrat University Postgraduate Courses Offered
14 Adigrat University Student Portal
15 Adigrat University Sims Portal Login
16 Adigrat University Contact Address
17 Adigrat University Fees Structure
18 Adigrat University AdU Entrance Date
19 Adigrat University Digital Library System
20 Adigrat University Grade Viewer System
21 Adigrat University Graduation Date
22 Adigrat University Graduation List
23 Adigrat University Students Grade Viewing System
24 Adigrat University Grading System
25 Adigrat University New Job Vacancies
26 Adigrat University Ranking
27 Adigrat University Student Results
28 Adigrat University Academic Calendar