Debre Markos University Internal Medicine Department
Debre Markos University Internal Medicine Department – Check Below:
The department of internal medicine has started as a unit and now it is established as department for the last 1 and half years. It currently has 7 GPs and 1 Internist as permanent staff and 3 Internists working on contract.
The seniors and GPS in the department are responsible for teaching of clinical year medical students, Interns as well as 3rd and 4th year public health students.
They also participate in the clinical activity of the Debre Markos referral hospital where the clinical year medical and public office students are practicing.
The high turnover of contract seniors along with inadequate number of permanent senior staff has been one of the main problems which were standing one way of providing quality training for the medical students.
The absence of well-equipped lecture rooms, duty rooms for interns and physicians, offices in hospital were also the other problems the department was facing.
The involvement of department staffs in research as well as community service has been one the gaps observed in the last 2 years.
We are now working with the school and the university to tackle the aforementioned problems and to increase the quality of education given to our students.
- Producing competent and innovative medical doctors and public health officers by providing quality theoretical and practical training
- To carryout researches the will solve the commonest health problems of the society and that will be basis for regional and national health policies
- To be part of the struggle to provide standard of health care for the surrounding community
- To be one of the best medical schools in the country by 2025
- To be one of the training centers of Internal medicine specialty by 2025
- To be one of the leading medical research centers in the country by 2025
- Academic Staff statistics
|Sex||Doctor of medicine(MD)||Specialty(Assistant professor)||PhD||Total|
- Administrative Staff Statistics
- Student statistics