Debre Berhan University Medicine & Health Science History
Debre Berhan University Medicine & Health Science History – Check Below:
Overview of the Institute
The Institute of Medicine & Health Science formerly called college of Medicine & Health Science was established in 2008 G.c. Currently the institute has tow colleges college of Medicine & College of Health Science. The institute works to achieve the growth & transformation plan by producing competent graduates in the field of Medicine, Nursing, and Midwifery & Public Health officer. The institute is dedicated to provide quality medical & Health Science Education for students who got admission in the university. In order to monitor & meet the standard of quality education the institute has established quality center called medical & Health science education development center .The institute has total of 71 teachers 11 skill lab assistant and 10 administration staffs. In addition to the teaching learning process the institute is actively participated in problem solving research & community services. Under these four programs currently the institute has a total of 753 students.
Vision, Mission, Values & strategic themes of the Institute.
Being the most preferable Institute by the year 2020 with excellence in the new medical education.
- Producing efficient medical & health science graduates by offering quality & evidence based medical & health since education
- Undertaking problem solving research with a focus on national demand and increasing community benefit from the research outcome.
- Providing community & government centered training, consultancy service and transferring new technology & undertaking innovation on the area of health. .
- Excellence in maintaining the quality of medical & health science education
- Excellence in under taking problem solving health science research.
- Excellence in partnership & community participation.
- Expanding & modernizing medical & health science facilities
- Excellence in provision of training & community health service
- Common vision
- Quality service
- Attention to cross cutting issue