Bahir Dar University Food Technology Department
Bahir Dar University Food Technology Department – Check Below:
The objective of Food Technology and Processes Engineering up to now was to educate trainable, broad based Food Technologists who can fit in the different application areas in the Food Industry. This has been realized through the under-graduate curriculum both earlier and in the currently revised curriculum.
The undergraduate program of Food Technology and Food Process Engineering Department produces Food & Process Engineers who have broad knowledge through its five year programs. This training gives the students such a broad background that they can fit in different sections demanding the professionals in the areas of Food Process, Beverage processing, Microbial Industry, Pharmacology, Design of new products … etc. But with the development of manufacturing sector and the expansion of both public and private engineering and food institutions in the country, deeper knowledge of various branches of Food Technologists and Process Engineers are required along with other disciplines to play a leading role in the development of a country. Therefore, as a step towards meeting this demand, the Department would like to upgrade the level of training to MSc to produce required Food Technologists and Industrial Biotechnologists.
The requirement for engineers who can engage themselves in academic and industrial sector in areas of research, development and engineering administration is well considered. The existence of other Universities than Bahir Dar University like Haramaya University, Hawassa University and Addis Ababa University. The number of professional graduates from all these Universities per annum is expected to rise shortly.With the increasing number of graduates in Food Technology, it is becoming inevitable that many shall be seeking higher education at graduate and research level. In addition many practicing engineers and teaching staff in the ranks of Graduate Assistants and Assistant Lecturers at the various Universities are seeking admission to Graduate Programs.
Hence, the Department is convinced that it is necessary to offer graduate programs in different areas of industrial applications in order to provide opportunity to the eligible graduates to upgrade themselves. In addition, it is the imperative duty of the Bahir Dar University on its part to start graduate and research programs during the ongoing process of academic development. It should also be noted here that the Department is working with the Addis Ababa University Faulty Technology supported by ECBP has developed a new under graduate curriculum. This curriculum is implemented with the objective of meeting knowledge and skill requirement of Food Technology. Hence under this ECBP program new infrastructure will be created which can be used for the graduate programs also.
The salient features of the graduate program curriculum are the following;
- a)Common Modules in Interdisciplinary Courses.
- b)Electives which focus on specialized application areas are introduced.
The advantages of offering electives in each specialization are:
The students can select specific electives according to the requirement of different areas of employment and theirown interest and aptitude;
- c)The research based and self learning aspects of education such as laboratory/workshop/term papers/graduate thesis/seminar etc, are included.
- d)Thesis Work will be started in the third semester in Thesis Proposal stage and a six month intensive student research thesis will be continued in the last semester.
- e)The Department prepared the curriculum mainly based on the needs of the industrial sector and the capacity building of higher educational institutions.
Bahir Dar University Food Technology Department Objectives of the Programme
The objective of the program is to provide broad-based education and training in Food Technology and its applications leading to a Master of Science Degree in Technology, to enable graduates to meet the challenges of the profession in a rapidly changing environment that exists in a developing country. The specific training objectives can be summarized as follows.
- To produce Graduates with full professional competence in different fields ofFood science and Biotechnologywho can participate in the national development activities and to this end;
1.1. Educate manpower for higher education institutions of the country;
1.2. Produce qualified experts and managers for industries;
1.3. Meet the demands of the industries in terms of educating and up grading their engineers and managers.To carry out research in the areas of food engineering, product design and development, and manufacturing, that are relevant to the needs of the country;
- To render consultancy services to the community.
- To provide research and development skills.
- To engage students in high level research through thesis that offers optimal solutions to technical problems in the food industry sectors.
- To prepare students for career opportunities in public and private services.
- Arba Minch University Application Form
- Arba Minch University Online Application
- Arba Minch University Fees Structure
- Arba Minch University Courses Offered
- Arba Minch University Admission Requirement
- Arba Minch University Admission List
- Arba Minch University Application Deadline
- Arba Minch University Intake
- Arba Minch University History
- Arba Minch University Smis Portal
Arba Minch University AMU Student Login.
- Arba Minch University Job vacancies
- Arba Minch University Intranet Portal
- Arba Minch University Academic Calendar
- Arba Minch University E learning
- Arba Minch University AMU Contact Address
- Arba Minch University Colleges and Institute
Arba Minch University Ranking
- Arba Minch University Campus and Branches
Arba Minch University Distance Education
- Arba Minch University Scholarship
Arba Minch University Registration Date
- Arba Minch University Online Registration
Arba Minch University Grade System
- Arba Minch University Graduation List
- Arba Minch University Graduation Date
- Adama Science and Technology University ASTU application form 2020 – 20201Adama Science and Technology University ASTU admission list 2020 – 2021Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Online Application 2020 – 2021Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Intake 2020 – 2021Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Application Deadline 2020 – 2021Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Registration Date
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Admission Requirement
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Registration
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Contacts
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Schools
Adama University ASTU Continuing Education Institute
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU weekend program
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Graduation
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Extension Program
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Graduation List
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU announcement
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Cut off Mark
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU calendar