Bahir Dar University Food Safety and Quality Department
Bahir Dar University Food Safety and Quality Department – Check Below:
The objective of this program is to educate and train competitive expertise in Food safety and quality area for higher education as well as for food industry. In doing so the higher education sector contributes its share for the fulfillment of industry lead economy. The undergraduate program of Food Engineering program produces Food Engineers who have broad knowledge through its five year programs. This training gives the students such a broad background that they can fit in different sections demanding the professionals in the areas of Food Processing, Beverage processing, Biotechnological & Pharmaceutical industry, Design of new products … etc.
But with the development of manufacturing sector and the expansion of both public and private sector and food institutions and industries in the country, deeper knowledge of various branches of Food Engineers are required along with other disciplines to play a leading role in the development of a country. Therefore, as a step towards meeting this demand, the Department would like to upgrade the level of training to M.Sc to produce required Food Safety &Quality expertise.
The requirement for food technologists & engineers who can engage themselves in academic and industrial sector in areas of production, manufacturing, research & development is well considered. The number of professional graduates from all Universities per annum is expected to rise shortly. With the increasing number of graduates in Food quality and safety & engineering, it is becoming inevitable that many shall be seeking higher education at graduate and research level. In addition many practicing engineers and teaching staff in the ranks of Graduate Assistants and Assistant Lecturers at the various Universities are seeking admission to Graduate Programs.
Hence, the Department is convinced that it is necessary to offer graduate programs in different areas of industrial applications in order to provide opportunity to the eligible graduates to upgrade themselves. In addition, it is the imperative duty of the Bahir Dar University, Bahir Dar technology institute on its part to start graduate and research programs during the ongoing process of academic development.
The salient features of the graduate program curriculum are the following;
- a)Common Modules in Interdisciplinary Courses.
- b) The research based and self learning aspects of education such as laboratory/workshop/term papers/graduate thesis/seminar etc., are included.
- c)Thesis Work will be started in the third semester in Thesis Proposal stage and a six month intensive student research thesis will be continued in the last semester.
- d)The Department prepared the curriculum mainly based on the needs of the industrial sector and the capacity building of higher educational institutions.
The master program in Food safety and quality will play a key role in managing foods safety and quality in a need food manufacturing company. The course is essential to the successes of all food manufacturing companies and critical for Ethiopia’s economic success because the food manufacturers need absolute confidence in the safety and quality of their products.
Food companies have a growing need for expertise in food safety and quality at national and international level. The program provides practical skills and in depth knowledge to enable you to manage problems in food manufacturing and develop preventive tools designed to provide confidence in the quality and safety of the foods.
Graduates will have the opportunities to work as a food safety manager in food and retailer industry, research institution, policy maker or food legislation at government and international organization. Absolvent’s will have also a chance to start their own business consultancy.
1.To produce Graduates with full professional competence in different aspects of Food quality and safety who can participate in the national development activities and to this end;
1.1. Educate manpower for higher education institutions of the country;
1.2. Produce qualified experts and managers for industries;
1.3. Meet the demands of the industries in terms of educating and up grading their engineers and managers.
2.To carry out research in the areas of food product quality and safety that are relevant to the needs of the country;
3.To render consultancy services to the community.
4.To provide research and development skills.
5.To engage students in high level research through thesis that offers optimal solutions to quality and safety problems in the food industry sectors.
6.To prepare students for career opportunities in public and private services.
- Arba Minch University Application Form
- Arba Minch University Online Application
- Arba Minch University Fees Structure
- Arba Minch University Courses Offered
- Arba Minch University Admission Requirement
- Arba Minch University Admission List
- Arba Minch University Application Deadline
- Arba Minch University Intake
- Arba Minch University History
- Arba Minch University Smis Portal
Arba Minch University AMU Student Login.
- Arba Minch University Job vacancies
- Arba Minch University Intranet Portal
- Arba Minch University Academic Calendar
- Arba Minch University E learning
- Arba Minch University AMU Contact Address
- Arba Minch University Colleges and Institute
Arba Minch University Ranking
- Arba Minch University Campus and Branches
Arba Minch University Distance Education
- Arba Minch University Scholarship
Arba Minch University Registration Date
- Arba Minch University Online Registration
Arba Minch University Grade System
- Arba Minch University Graduation List
- Arba Minch University Graduation Date
- Adama Science and Technology University ASTU application form 2020 – 20201Adama Science and Technology University ASTU admission list 2020 – 2021Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Online Application 2020 – 2021Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Intake 2020 – 2021Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Application Deadline 2020 – 2021
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Registration Date
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Admission Requirement
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Registration
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Contacts
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Schools
Adama University ASTU Continuing Education Institute
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU weekend program
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Graduation
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Extension Program
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Graduation List
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU announcement
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU Cut off Mark
Adama Science and Technology University ASTU calendar