Aksum University Management Department
Aksum University Management Department – Check Below:
About the Department
1. Rationale of the program
The Department of Management has recently completed a major curriculum revision process on general management. Several circumstances impelled an intense review of the existing degree offerings, and result changes to the curriculum that had been essentially unchanged for some years.
Revising on developing this curriculum was driven by the following key objectives. The foremost of these was an interest in providing a curriculum that would meet stakeholders‟ needs. An additional factor was an expressed interest on the part of Universities and government to maintain or increase enrollment on an aggregate basis. This naturally trickled down through the various universities‟ organs and was reflected in this response.
With the implementation of the new Educational policy of the country, starting in the 2005 academic year, three year modularized curriculum has been developed and it is being offered to students that have been admitted from preparatory programs. In the preparation of the curriculum, as per the instruction of the Universities and Ministry of Education, a discussion was made with universities that offer education on management filed.
When the current management curriculum was designed, attempt was made integrate suggestions from various stakeholders. Suggestion from these sources indicated that new communication and leadership skills would be desirable. The rationale behind developing nationally standardized Management curriculum was thoroughly explained as follows.
Firstly, Management is a crucial element in economic growth of a country. It brings together the factors of production; money, machinery, men, methods, markets and material to enable the country to experience economic development. A county with enough capital, manpower and other natural resources can still be poor if it does not have competent managers to combine and coordinate the resources. In the words of Dracker “without management country‟ resources of production remain resources and never become products”. Management is important for learners because of many reasons. Of which these are some;
- our society depends on specialize institutions or organizations to provide us with goods and services
- Organizations are guided by managers who allocate resources and have responsibility and authority to manufacture safe, to declare war or peace, to build cities, to keep the environment clean Second, Managers create jobs on one hand and products and services on the other hand.
In light of the conditions stated above, contents of this curriculum have been determined on the basis of previously done curricula, based on survey, benchmarking and information inputs gained from resources provided by the Ministry of Education on curriculum development
1.2. Objectives of the Program
Through its programs the department has the objectives of producing:
- Professionals who are capable of planning, organizing, directing and controlling activities of private, non-government and government organizations.
- Professionals’ who can competently manage marketing, finance operations, human resource, materials, information resources etc.
- Professionalswhoareresponsiveandeffectiveinworkingwithandthroughothersas well as capable of making and implementing decisions.
- Professionals capable of searching and developing opportunities as well as tackling problems
- Professionals who are able to face the challenges of today’s and tomorrow ’ slightly
- Complex and competitive environment..
1.3. Graduates’ Profile:
The program is aimed at producing graduates that can have adequate knowledge, skills and attitude towards application of management concepts. Specifically:
- Capable of making rational decisions to solve organizational problems and manage conflicts.
- Capable to competently manage human resources of an organization by understanding individual differences, group behavior and organization level behavior.
- Motivated for creativity, innovation and management of projects.
- Designappropriateandrobuststrategiestoshapeorcopeupwithchangingorganizational environment
- Capable of planning, organizing, directing and controlling the activities of all types of organizations
- Responsive and effective in working with and through others by developing an understanding of common goal
- Manage material resources and operations of an organization
- Conductresearchandconsultancyserviceinmanagementandrelatedareasandoffertraining for those who are in need of it
- manage financial resources of the organization by applying financial principles
- Capable of using decision making models in organizational decision making.
- Capable of understanding the legal, social and ethical responsibilities associated with the management of all types of organization
- Capable of using information communication technology in utilizing and managing organizational resources
- Analyze transaction, summarize, record and interpret accounting data for managerial decision making
- Apply fundamental economic concepts and models in organizational and managerial decisions
- Apply fundamental marketing concepts and marketing management approaches in domestic as well as international marketing issues and practices.
- Capable of collecting, analyzingandinterpretingstatisticaldatausingvariousstatisticaltools for managerial decisions
- Analyze and manage costs of different organizational activities
1.4. Professional and Program Profile
- 4.1. Professional Profile
The management program should enable the graduate to acquire both the or ethical knowledge and practical know-how pertinent to management professions that will become petentnationally and internationally. It should transfer employability skill in an ethical manner that can be mirrored through the cognitive ability, interpersonal skill, numeric skill and research working skill of the graduate.
1.4.2. Program Profile
Theprogrampreparesstudentstobecomeprofessionalmanagerscapableofexecuting Human Resources Management, Information System Management, Marketing Management, Operations Management, Materials Management and Financial Management and other managerial functional areas. The program will.
- Equipstudentswitharealisticoverviewofmajorprinciplesandtechniquesofhuman resources management systems.
- Developthestudents‟abilityandskillstoidentifytheirinformationneedssource, and how to utilize the information obtained efficiently.
- Introduce students with the development and operation of markets-local, national and international-for resources, goods and services.
- Provide students of management with as oundunderstanding of the concept stechniques, and applications of production and operations management.
- Equip students with entrepreneurship, entrepreneurship and ethical concepts,
- Equipstudentswiththemethodsandtechniquesofacquiring,utilizing,andissuingof material resources.
Streams and Programs of Management Department
Duration Of Study
Bachelor Degree in Management
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
2 1/2 years
- 5. Admission Requirement
- 5.1. Admissions Requirement For Undergraduate Program
After a successful completion of preparatory program
- As per there gelation’s of Ministry of Education,
- As per the senate legislation of the university, or
- A pass in entrance examination set by the department.
- 5.2. Admissions Requirement For postgraduate Program
In general, admission to the program will be based on the following criteria:
- A successful completion of Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline.
- A successful completion of a Master’s Degree in any field of study also makes one fit to apply for admission into the MBA program;
- Applicants of non-business background are supposed to take and successfully complete the bridging course/s designed for this purpose. That is, those candidates who haven’t previously taken/learnt Introduction to Management and/or Principles of Accounting are supposed to take both or either of the bridge courses
1 Adigrat University Online Application Forms 2020 – 2021
2 Adigrat University Application Forms 2020 – 2021
3 Adigrat University Application Deadline 2020 – 2021
4 Adigrat University New Students Registration Date 2020 – 2021
5 Adigrat University Online Registration 2020 – 2021
6 Adigrat University Adu Intake 2020 – 2021.
7 Adigrat University Admission Requirements 2020 – 2021
6 Adigrat University AdU Admission List 2020 – 2021
7 Adigrat University AdU Admission Date 2020 – 2021
8 Adigrat University Announcement
9 Adigrat University History
10 Adigrat University AdU Schools and Colleges
11 Adigrat University Courses Offered
12 Adigrat University Undergraduate Courses Offered
13 Adigrat University Postgraduate Courses Offered
14 Adigrat University Student Portal
15 Adigrat University Sims Portal Login
16 Adigrat University Contact Address
17 Adigrat University Fees Structure
18 Adigrat University AdU Entrance Date
19 Adigrat University Digital Library System
20 Adigrat University Grade Viewer System
21 Adigrat University Graduation Date
22 Adigrat University Graduation List
23 Adigrat University Students Grade Viewing System
24 Adigrat University Grading System
25 Adigrat University New Job Vacancies
26 Adigrat University Ranking
27 Adigrat University Student Results
28 Adigrat University Academic Calendar