Aksum University Contraction Management Technology Department
Aksum University Contraction Management Tech Department – Check Below:
Construction Technology and Management is an important application of science, which plays a major role in the social and economic development of modern society. In order to perform this role effectively, construction engineers require a broad understanding of scientific principles, knowledge of materials, applied knowledge of civil engineering and the capacity to analyse and synthesise in order to arrive at solutions. This requires research, team working, and leadership and business skills. And it has to be situated in a social, economic and environmental context that reflects the reality within which the construction engineer and manager finds him/herself.
In Ethiopia, Construction Technology and Management has great role to play in supporting economic development and contribute towards the improvement of the living standard of the people. This role and contribution input is at different geospatial scales, from the Federal to the local, in both an urban and a rural context. As a country that is moving into a rapid phase of growth, the contribution that construction technology and management can make, to ensure that this growth is sustainable; is a particularly important one. It is therefore of vital importance that construction technologists and managers are prepared, professionally, to meet this growth challenge and contribute to sustainable development.
2. Rationale for the program
The double digit economic growth and the consecutive rapid expansion of construction industry in Ethiopia results in high demand for having professionals on the field of construction technology and management. Mainly the gaps seen in construction engineering, construction management, and construction technology become clear on the execution of construction projects. Inefficiencies in construction projects management, inadequacies in the adoptions of various construction technologies and techniques, etc call for having an integrated profession beyond the design aspect at the all phases of project life cycle (inception, planning, execution…). Moreover the expansion of infrastructure, the rapid urbanization, the transformation to industry, etc require more effective and efficient construction professionals that are able to operate beyond the design and engineering aspects.
3. Objectives of the B.Sc. Program
The Objective of this B.Sc. program is to produce outstanding construction technology and management graduates who have been prepared to become technological, managerial and public service leaders capable of understanding the social and environmental challenges that face the country, and who will be in a position to make a meaningful contribution to both national social and economic growth and development as well as being able to respond to, and benefit from, the impact of global change. The department and the staff are committed to creating a learning environment that provides a level of knowledge and competency in these areas, through an innovative program of study, supported by a capability in information technology use, coupled with a capacity to integrate the key social and environmental issues facing the country.
This program is aimed primarily at training managing engineers required for managing constructing projects with efficient and effective management system, Administer contracts,Conduct researches to identify real problems on site pertaining to construction management, methods & materials, and find better solutions
It will produce well qualified managing engineers knowledgeable in construction engineering areas of structural, geotechnical and highway engineering, at the sometime those graduates will also have extensive knowledge of construction technology and project management skills, and can be actively engaged in the planning, development and management of
4 construction/infrastructure projects. Managing Engineer’s competencies can be summarized as follows;
· Practical and scientific knowledge of construction, process, methods, techniques, materials and equipment
· The ability to communicate through writing, and graphical and technical drawing
· Basic understanding of the Architectural and Engineering design methods and process
· Organizational and management skills, leadership and Teamwork Financial knowledge, cash flow management, quantity surveying and estimating
· Negotiation and decision making skills, Entrepreneurial skills
· Organized record keeping skills
· IT knowledge and the skill to work on construction related software
· Ethics and etiquettes of professional practice including professional report writing and communication skills,
· General engineering and science
· Social science and humanities etc
COTM STAFF’S PROFILE
1. Staff on Duty
- Shelvin M. Atilano- Bscie. Civil Engineering, Registered Civil Engineer and Registered Master Plumber by Philippine Regulation Commission, Accredited Materials Engineer I by Construction Quality Control and Hydrology Division under the Department of Public Works and Highways , Philippines, Master of Engineering Major in Civil Engineering with Industry Immersion in Construction Quality Materials Testing, Experience in Project Management, and well-versed in Computer Applications for Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering.
- Fresenay Abera, – Bscie. Civil Engineering, Master in Construction Engineering, Experience in Project Management, General Practitioner both for Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering.
- Meriam Calo- Bscie. Civil Engineering, Registered Civil Engineer by Philippine Regulation Commission, Master of Engineering Major in Civil Engineering with Industry Immersion in Construction Quality Materials Testing, Experience in Project Management.
- Nuru Ahmed- Bscie. Surveying Technology, Master in Construction Engineering
- Simret Mezgebu- Bscie. Civil Engineering, Master in Construction Engineering
- Tsegay Haile- Bscie. Civil Engineering, Master in Construction Engineering
- Yirgalem G/amlak- Bscie. Architecture and Urban Planning, Master in Construction Engineering
- Gebremariam Mamo-Bscie. CoTM( Construction Technology and Management)
- Meron Endalkachaw-Bscie. CoTM ( Construction Technology and Management)
- Alazar Yibeltal- Bscie. Architecture
- Ataklti Leul- Bscie. Architecture
- Halemariam Fissha- Bscie. Architecture
- Zenaw Asmare-Bscie. CoTM( Construction Technology and Management)
- Yosef Tsegay-Bscie. CoTM( Construction Technology and Management)
- Netsanet Gebreharia-Bscie. CoTM( Construction Technology and Management)
- Abenezer Tadiwos-Bscie. CoTM( Construction Technology and Management)
- Kasahhun Asmare-Bscie. CoTM( Construction Technology and Management)
- Tedros F/tsion- Diploma in Road Construction, Civil Eng’g Extension Student
- kflom Tesfay- Diploma in Construction , Civil Eng’g Extension Student
- Abraham Gebrehiwot- Diploma in Construction Drafting
2. Staff on Study Leave
- Frezgi Assefa- Bscie. CoTM, pursuing MTech in Civil Engineering (Infrastructure Engineering and Management) in Indian Institute of Technology – Guwahati, India.
- Welday Tsegay- Bscie. CoTM, pursuing Msci. in Construction Management and Engineering in Ethiopian Institute Technology – Mekelle University
- G/marima Welay – Bscie. CoTM, pursuing Msci. in Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering and Management) in Jimma University, Institute of Technology
- Temesgen Assefa – Bscie. Architecture and Urban Planning, pursuing Msci. in Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering and Management) in Jimma University, Institute of Technology
- Habenon Berhe- Bsci. in Architecture, pursuing Msci. in Urban Planning and Development in Ethiopian Institute Technology – Mekelle University
- Hayelom Tsegay- Bscie. CoTM, pursuing Msci. in Construction Management and Engineering in Ethiopian Institute Technology – Mekelle University
- Wubshet Abere– Bscie. CoTM, pursuing Msci. in Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering and Management) in Jimma University, Institute of Technology
- Abate Molla- Bscie. CoTM, pursuing Msci. in Construction Technology and Management in Bahir Dar University.
- Melsew Tadele- Bscie. CoTM, pursuing Msci. in Construction Technology and Management in Bahir Dar University.
1 Adigrat University Online Application Forms 2020 – 2021
2 Adigrat University Application Forms 2020 – 2021
3 Adigrat University Application Deadline 2020 – 2021
4 Adigrat University New Students Registration Date 2020 – 2021
5 Adigrat University Online Registration 2020 – 2021
6 Adigrat University Adu Intake 2020 – 2021.
7 Adigrat University Admission Requirements 2020 – 2021
6 Adigrat University AdU Admission List 2020 – 2021
7 Adigrat University AdU Admission Date 2020 – 2021
8 Adigrat University Announcement
9 Adigrat University History
10 Adigrat University AdU Schools and Colleges
11 Adigrat University Courses Offered
12 Adigrat University Undergraduate Courses Offered
13 Adigrat University Postgraduate Courses Offered
14 Adigrat University Student Portal
15 Adigrat University Sims Portal Login
16 Adigrat University Contact Address
17 Adigrat University Fees Structure
18 Adigrat University AdU Entrance Date
19 Adigrat University Digital Library System
20 Adigrat University Grade Viewer System
21 Adigrat University Graduation Date
22 Adigrat University Graduation List
23 Adigrat University Students Grade Viewing System
24 Adigrat University Grading System
25 Adigrat University New Job Vacancies
26 Adigrat University Ranking
27 Adigrat University Student Results
28 Adigrat University Academic Calendar