Aksum University Computing Technology Department
Aksum University Computing Technology Department – Check Below:
Computers play a major role in shaping the information or the knowledge age. They are also becoming essential in almost all activities of human life. Furthermore, with the decline in the price of computer hardware, nations, organizations and individuals that couldn’t afford to have computers some years back can now afford to acquire them. However, the acquisition of the hardware is just one step towards computerization. The most important step is to be able to use them properly.
This necessitates for a high number of skilled computer scientists who will develop the necessary applications for the computers, who will administer the computer systems and who will decide on computer system acquisitions of the organizations and all automation processes in general.
Institutions, enterprises, organizations and companies in all sectors, public and private, are directly or indirectly being affected by the overwhelming information flow around the world. The effect goes down to small businesses and even to individuals. Every such unit should be equipped with tools that enable it to survive in such a dynamic world. Ethiopia is no exception and we must get ready to cope up with the influence of the knowledge age in our day-to-day life.
2.1. General Objective
The general objective of the Computing Technology department is to produce high quality graduates with entrepreneur and problem solving mind set by providing to the students a broad knowledge and skill in computing technology.
2.2. Specific Objectives
The specific objectives of the department are:
- Educating and training students for the very dynamic and rapidly changing science and technology market.
- Educating and training students to become life-long learners by providing them with a sound base in computer science, basic sciences as well as general education.
- Motivating students to become innovators who can respond very positively to the challenges and opportunities presented by new ideas and technologies.
- Laying a strong foundation for, and instilling confidence in students who may want to pursue post-graduate studies later in life.
3. Graduate Profile
The graduates will have the following knowledge, skill and attitude at the end of the program.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to computing technology.
- Use such knowledge and understanding in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- Identify and analyse criteria and specifications appropriate to specific problems, and plan strategies for their solution.
- Analyze the extent to which a computer-based system meets the criteria defined for its current use and future development.
- Deploy appropriate theory, practices, and tools for the specification, design, implementation, and evaluation of computer-based systems.
- Recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in, continuing professional development and the knowledge and skills to act as research assistants or lecturers in higher education institutions.
- Deploy effectively the tools used for the construction and documentation of software, with particular emphasis on understanding the whole process involved in using computers to solve practical problems.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computing technology theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices;
- Keep abreast of current developments in the discipline to continue one’s own professional development.
- Recognize and be guided by the social, professional, and ethical issues involved in the use of computing technology.
1 Adigrat University Online Application Forms 2020 – 2021
2 Adigrat University Application Forms 2020 – 2021
3 Adigrat University Application Deadline 2020 – 2021
4 Adigrat University New Students Registration Date 2020 – 2021
5 Adigrat University Online Registration 2020 – 2021
6 Adigrat University Adu Intake 2020 – 2021.
7 Adigrat University Admission Requirements 2020 – 2021
6 Adigrat University AdU Admission List 2020 – 2021
7 Adigrat University AdU Admission Date 2020 – 2021
8 Adigrat University Announcement
9 Adigrat University History
10 Adigrat University AdU Schools and Colleges
11 Adigrat University Courses Offered
12 Adigrat University Undergraduate Courses Offered
13 Adigrat University Postgraduate Courses Offered
14 Adigrat University Student Portal
15 Adigrat University Sims Portal Login
16 Adigrat University Contact Address
17 Adigrat University Fees Structure
18 Adigrat University AdU Entrance Date
19 Adigrat University Digital Library System
20 Adigrat University Grade Viewer System
21 Adigrat University Graduation Date
22 Adigrat University Graduation List
23 Adigrat University Students Grade Viewing System
24 Adigrat University Grading System
25 Adigrat University New Job Vacancies
26 Adigrat University Ranking
27 Adigrat University Student Results
28 Adigrat University Academic Calendar