AAU Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
AAU Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Check Below:
The School of Medicine (SoM, previously called Faulty of Medicine) was established in 1964 with the goal of producing medical doctors to shoulder responsibilities of solving the country’s health problems. Starting from 1979, the School launched graduate programs for the first time in Addis Ababa University.
Prior to 1972, the SoM was located on the main campus for preclinical training and the then Princess Tsehay Memorial Hospital (now, the Armed Forces General Hospital) for clinical training. Later, with the opening of the Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital (TASH) in 1972, the hospital became the only site for training Medical Doctors.
In 1998, the TASH, the largest referral hospital in the country, with 700 beds, was transferred to the School by the Federal Ministry of Health, and it has since become a University teaching hospital. The Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital is now the main teaching hospital for both clinical and preclinical training of most disciplines. It is also an institution where specialized clinical services that are not available in other public or private institutions are rendered to the whole nation.
The TASH has 200 doctors, 379 nurses and 115 other health professionals dedicated to providing health care services. The various departments, faculties and residents under specialty training in the School of Medicine provide patient care in the hospital. The hospital also has 950 permanent and contract administrative staff to support the hospital activities. In addition, almost all regional and federal hospitals in Addis Ababa are affiliated to the School of Medicine as clinical services and training sites.
- First Dean: Prof. F. Howarth
- Current Dean and CEO of TASH: Mahlet Yigeremu (MD)
- Current Medical Director of TASH: Abdulkadir Mohammed Seid (MD)
The SoM envisages the promotion of a healthy and productive society that meaningfully contributes to the overall socio-economic development by establishing excellence in academic studies, health services and research.
The SoM has the mission of training qualified medical doctors and other health professionals who are capable of rendering comprehensive health services and conduct problem solving researches. The School endeavors to produce high caliber health professionals who provide specialist care, serve as health managers, planners and educators in higher institutions and also undertake relevant implementation researches that contribute to making a productive population, a workforce to ascertain the economic growth and development of the nation.
AAU Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Administrative Structure
The SoM has a Dean who also manages the TASH as Chief Executive Officer. The School, following the restructuring at the University, has currently 12 Departments which run the various undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The departments are the functional units for teaching, patient care and research. Most of the human resource management is at the College level with a direct working relationship with departments. The School has an Academic Commission composed of all departments and program heads, the Registrar’s Office and student representatives. In addition, the following standing committees work to assist the Academic Commission. They are the Appointment and Promotions Committee, the Staff Affairs and Grievance Handling Committee, and the Curriculum and Academic Standards Committee.
- Addis Ababa University AAU Student Portal Login
Addis Ababa University AAU Colleges and Institute
- Addis Ababa University Registration Date
- Addis Ababa University Graduation Requirements
- Addis Ababa University AAU Fees Structure
- Addis Ababa University Grading System
- Addis Ababa University Academic Calendar
- Addis Ababa University Examination
- Addis Ababa University Courses Offered
- Addis Ababa University AAU Contact Address
- Addis Ababa University Undergraduate Admissions
- Addis Ababa University AAU Admission Requirements
- Addis Ababa University Graduate Admissions
- Addis Ababa University Readmissions
- Addis Ababa University AAU International Students Admissions
- Addis Ababa University Undergraduate Application Form
- Addis Ababa University Postgraduate Application Form
- Addis Ababa University AAU Application Form
- Addis Ababa University AAU Campuses
- Addis Ababa University AAU Intake
- Addis Ababa University AAU distance education
- Addis Ababa University AAU distance and continuing education
- Addis Ababa University AAU entrance exam
Addis Ababa University AAU extension program registration
- Addis Ababa University AAU Gpa Calculator
- Addis Ababa University AAU history
- Addis Ababa University AAU Job Vacancies
- Addis Ababa University AAU Masters Program Registration
- Addis Ababa University AAU new student registration
- Addis Ababa University AAU Online Registration
- Addis Ababa University AAU Online Application
- Addis Ababa University AAU Online Exam Results
- Addis Ababa University AAU ranking in africa
- Addis Ababa University AAU Admission List
- Addis Ababa University AAU World Ranking
- Addis Ababa University AAU scholarship
- Addis Ababa University Accommodation and Hostels